Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Dream Concert Lineup

OK, so it's been awhile since I made a strictly music-related post, and the music nerd inside me just won't stand for it any longer. So, here it goes.

I've been thinking about concerts a lot lately, since I'm still on a high from one I went to 2 weeks ago and because I'd love to see about a bajillion more.

For this post, I'd like to share my dream lineup for a concert. And since this blog is titled "Live in Dreams" after all, I am going to include bands that it would be impossible to see in real life. Why? 'Cause I can.

Nirvana
Here's one that I could never see in real life. You know, because Kurt Cobain is all dead and whatnot. And Nirvana is just not Nirvana without Kurt Cobain.

Their set at the Reading Festival in 1992 was particularly kick-ass.


Radiohead
My favorite band. I must see them before I die. Or before they get too old to tour. Whichever comes first.

True Love Waits = Eargasm

The Stone Roses
Especially if it's like their epic rave-like show at Blackpool in '89.

"I Am The Resurrection" was the best moment.
Elliott Smith
So quiet, beautiful, and moving. Oh Elliott, why'd ya have to go?


Ramones
Gotta love their short, powerful punk songs.


My Bloody Valentine
I'm not sure if I'd be able to hear afterwards, but it'd totally be worth it.

I mean, come on, this is loud and it's not even live!

Jimi Hendrix
Preferably he would set his guitar on fire during his set.


Belle & Sebastian
I feel like their concert would be very chill and enjoyable. And very sing-alongable.


The Doors
I dig Jim Morrison, what can I say?



M.I.A.
I just love her. And she'd bring diversity to the mainly all-rock concert. Plus, her clothes would be awesome!


The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
I've seen them and they are amazing!!

It's really difficult to get a good picture at a concert. Just sayin'.


The Smiths
Because I love Morrissey in all his androgynous glory.



and finally...

Iggy Pop and The Stooges
Seeing Iggy stage dive, bleed, and throw peanut butter into the crowds? Crazy but SO. EPIC.

Hey, their 3rd album wasn't called Raw Power for nothing!

So, there ya go, folks. The perfect concert lineup according to yours truly.
Who would be at your dream concert?

-tjms
11 May 2011
*Insert quote here because I cannot think of one*
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment