Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Life has a funny way of being good sometimes

Do you ever have those moments in life where everything is okay? Just for one moment, everything is great. When you catch yourself in a moment and you're saying, "Wait, I'm happy here in this moment."
As Nas said (well...rapped): "Life's a bitch and then you die". And yeah, we all know that that is true sometimes. Some days, you wake up late for a class in which you have an exam in, your hair looks like shit, and then you fall on the icy sidewalk for the 50th effing time and you're about to lose it.

Yeah, if you're like me, those days happen way more often than I would ever want them to. But have you ever noticed how sometimes, whether it be for a day, an hour, or just a single moment, life is good? You're not sure why, but you feel okay with everything going on in your life. This brief moments of peace almost make up for the times when life is less than stellar.

Most people have a lot on their plates- and I've definitely got my fair share. And last week was rough. So many exams, reading assignments, classes and other responsibilities just decided to overlap. It happens. C'est la vie. But it sucks, you know?

But something I've realized is that in the middle of tumultuous times, sometimes life just goes right for a little while. For me, that "little while" was today. The first two days of this week were average; reading for Monday, an exam on Tuesday, etc. But then today has just been awesome. Nothing that amazing happened. I mean, I didn't win the lottery or meet an attractive, nice, available male or anything. But today just rocked. I didn't fall asleep in my early classes, I took an ah-may-zing nap before lunch, people were really receptive to my speech and they laughed at my jokes, I got to hang out with some awesome friends, and they even served good food in Convo today (I know, crazy, right?) And as I walking tonight, I just kept smiling to myself. And I thought to myself "Wow, life figured out how to get good today". And in that moment, I was happy and at peace with everything going on in my life. That moment made all the other tough times seem not so bad.

Of course, the pessimist in me wants to say "Hey, life will reach a sucky point again- just wait!" But as Matt & Kim say (okay...sing), "Thinking about tomorrow wont change how I feel today".
And today, I feel pretty damn fantastic.

-tjms
7 April 2011
"I wish that I could have this moment for life, 'cause in this moment, I just feel so alive"
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment